March 25, 2011

Fabulous Friday Vintage Finds - 3/25/11 from Any Old Time


Retro Red seems to be the vintage theme this week, with red and white monogrammed 1970s cups, a 1950s wood barrel cookie jar with red letters and even a red kettle bank! I have a neat slanted glass canister with a big plastic red knob coming, but the photos are not up to par, so that will come.

Also new are an adorable old teddy bear, a metal toy horse, and really pretty silvertone vanity mirror, among others, all on my Etsy Vintage shop.

I think more vanity are coming, and lots more of everything.

This week I spent more time moving in person and online than I did listing. As I mentioned earlier in the week, I'm moving all of my items from my failed experiment of trying to sell on Artfire, and was so encouraged that two of the items formerly languishing there sold in very short order on Etsy!

And I am moving my vintage work/storage room from the smallest room in the upstairs to the largest, which gave me an opportunity to clean the very back of the closets and actually get rid of things nobody has wanted or needed for 6 years!

I did also get to a flea market this week but not with my good vintage. Instead, I took the nice-but-not-vintage I find or get in box lots at the auctions and estate sales I go to. The weather isn't cooperating for more outdoor things for a while (since they start in the wee hours of the morning) so now that I'm organized, I'll be listing lots more on Etsy. Ebay starts up again in mid April, when listing with no fees begins. I'll have both vintage AND artwork of my own, other contemporary artists, old lithographs, vintage artwork..just a ton of interesting things up for grabs.

I'm also planning on a sale for my blog followers, only, so sign up to save! Thanks for stopping by another edition of my Friday newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment