April 1, 2011

Fabulous Friday Vintage Finds - 4/1/11 - From Any Old Time


A bit of vintage from any old time is literally true with this week's Fabulous Friday finds!


Here's a 1960s green and gold lamp, I also had a really old candy tin that sold within moments of listing!

And a redware dog, 1970s crewel pictures, more silhouette pictures, depression glass amber refrigerator box, recipe box, and my favorite of the week, a vintage carved music box that is of Mack the Knife but plays Born Free by assembly mix up.

Now, Mack the Knife has special memories for me. One of my first memories ever is of my fun and smart and gorgeous mom singing along with Bobby Darin and dancing with a broom to "Mack the Knife", then sweeping me up and dancing with ME.

And "Born Free" was the first non-fiction book I ever read and I still love non-fiction. I especially love to read about people having adventures in Antartica and Africa and on the high seas while I sit with my feet up by the fire with a cup of tea or glass of wine!

All these and more listed this week on Any Old Time Vintage on Etsy.

I went to an auction this week that was full of trash, and I mean that literally. A filthy, grease encrusted toaster, a half bag of kitty litter, broken stuff, and yes, I waited for nearly two hours til some great vintage clocks came up for bid! I'll be showing them to you soon! But they both work, they're both vintage from different eras and they are both spectacular!

Thanks for stopping by this week! Follow my blog, I'll be offering specials and contests down the road!



No comments:

Post a Comment