July 26, 2010

Vintage Individual bone china Fondeville English Breakfast Set in blue and white...

SOLD!


This set of blue and white bone china for an individual breakfast is one of my favorite things, I can just imagine "breakfast in bed" for that special day for that special person!



One of my favorite things to do at auctions is to purchase an entire table or box lot. If I see AN item I know will fit in my online vintage shop, I love to take the gamble that things I know nothing about will be a nice fit as well.


That's what happened with this set. I found it just kind of chucked onto a table and didn't really even pay much attention to it til I got it home.


For one thing, it had been stowed away somewhere so long, it was covered in that dirty, dusty, been there forever grime. So I wasn't even sure if it was usable, much less salable. And being old, I had no intention of putting it in the dishwasher. But it was just some grime and a sinkful of sudsy hot water turned it into an immaculate, sparkling treasure.


I put it in my little maple china cabinet in my dining room and snapped some photos! I love the design, the little light blue daffodil that is perfectly captured on the dome entree cover! And an egg cup, individual tea or coffee server with sugar and creamer, toast dish and fruit or cereal bowl are just so pretty to display, but honestly, if you were ill in bed, wouldn't breakfast in bed with this set be just what the doctor SHOULD order?


Pricing was took me a while for two reasons...one was that I had to decide whether to offer the set as a set even though there is some damage to some pieces...and the other is that this is so unusual. It was hard to find a comparable set. I found bits and pieces, but that didn't tell me much. It wasn't hard to find the company that made it, the pieces are all marked.


And I decided to offer it as a set. If it doesn't work out, I can always break it into individual pieces, but even with the most major defects (cup handle repaired and big chip off the creamer spout), I think it's interesting enough and usable that most vintage or antique collectors would want to own the whole set. If that's YOU, click on this link:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/51911639/vintage-english-breakfast-set-blue-and and if you'd like to see all of my vintage wonderfuls currently for sale, they're here! http://anyoldtime.etsy.com/. I also do Rice's Market in New Hope PA on many Tuesdays and the Golden Nugget Art and Antique Flea in Lambertville, NJ on many Wednesdays, so have other cool items there as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment